Some people are very “humble” and want God to take all the lead in their life. They will just sit and wait for Him to lead and guide them. I consider this a completely false humbleness, and not according to what the Bible tells us. The Bible is clear on this issue: The initiative is with me and you!
Some tells me that they do not know where they are to go, or what choices to take, and they think that they would rather “wait on the Lord”. I am not saying that there might be times in our life when we should be quit, but I am convinced that most of the time this is a result of tiredness, laziness or unwillingness. We do not need to “hear” from the Lord every time we are to do something! He has given us His Word, and one has said that 95 % of the will of God we know already there, and the other 5 % he will show us as we go.
Joshua 1:3 says: “Every place you put your feet I will give you!” How much land you will conquer, what you will achieve, is not up to the Lord, but it is up to you if you go! When you in faith take new steps trusting your Lord and Master you will find that it is His job to give you this, but it is your responsibility to take the steps! It is difficult to turn a car and change direction when the car is at a standstill, but as you start the engine, get it into gear and give gas – you can choose direction easily.
In Mark 16:20 we read: “They went forth and preach the Word everywhere, and the Lord went with them, confirming the Word with the signs following!” It is so easy to tell the Lord: I do not want to go in front of you Lord! When you go, I will follow wherever you go. The truth is that when you do NOT go, the Lord does not go either, but when YOU go, the Lord will go with you!
Break out from your laziness, get going, take new steps and move! You are created by God to rule, lead and have dominion as a human being, and if you have Jesus as your Lord, He is just waiting for you to rise up and go! The tasks and possibilities are great and they are waiting for you!